Thank you for choosing Kathryn A. Ryan, D.O. & Associates as your primary care provider. We are committed to providing you with quality and affordable health care. Please read our financial policy, ask us any questions you may have, and sign in the space provided. A copy will be provided to you upon request.
- Insurance.We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If you are not insured by a plan we do business with, payment in full is expected at each visit. If you are insured by a plan we do business with but don’t have an up-to-date insurance card, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
- Co-payments and deductibles.All co-payments and deductibles must be paid at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments and deductibles from patients can be considered fraud. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment at each visit.
- Non-covered services.Please be aware that some services may not be covered by your insurance plan. Please check with your plan to ensure coverage before completing blood work, x-rays, filling prescriptions or seeing a referred doctor. It is the patient’s responsibility to know their insurance coverage. Any non-covered services will fall on the patient to pay in full.
- Proof of insurance.Before seeing the doctor, a copy of the patient’s driver’s license and current valid insurance must be obtained to provide proof of identity and insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in a timely manner, you may be responsible for the balance of a claim.
- Claims submission.We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility whether or not your insurance company pays your claim. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
- Coverage changes.If your insurance changes, please notify us before your next visit so we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits. If your insurance company does not pay your claim, the balance will automatically be billed to you.
- Nonpayment.If your account is over 120 days past due, you will receive a letter stating that you have 10 days to get in contact with our billing department. Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated. Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice. If this is to occur, you will be notified by regular and certified mail that you have 30 days to find alternative medical care. During that 30-day period, our physicians will only be able to treat you on an emergency basis.
- Missed appointments.Our policy is to charge $40 for missed appointments not canceled within a reasonable amount of time. These charges will be your responsibility and billed directly to you. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your regularly scheduled appointment.
Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment to our patients. Our prices are representative of the usual and customary charges for our area.
Thank you for understanding our payment policy. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.